Famous as the capital, with Conegliano, of the sparkling "prosecco" wine, the town is situated on a plateau at the foot of the Barbaria and Cesen mountains, with the hills to the east and south covered with vineyards. A road from Valdobbiadene, called Strada del Prosecco, reaches Conegliano passing through the areas and canteens of prosecco production.
Altitude: 250 m a.s.l
-- Population: about 10600 inhabitants
-- Zip/postal code: 31049 -- Phone Area Code: 0423
-- Frazioni & Località: Bigolino, Guia, Pianezze, San Giovanni, San Pietro di Barbozza, Santo Stefano, San Vito
Archeological findings located in this area the Roman road called Augusta-Altinate, connecting Opitergium to the Trentino region.
What to see
- The main church, with works by Palma the Young, Beccaruzzi and Paris Bordon.
- Outside the town, in the direction of Segusino, the 15th century church of Chiesa di San Gregorio.
- The Sanctuary of San Floriano, on a panoramic hill, from where an itinerary leads up to Mount Cesen, with a wonderful view on the plains of Treviso and Belluno, and to the south east as far as the Venetian lagoon.
- In March the ancient peasants' Fair of San Gregorio
- In September at the Villa dei Cedri, the Mostra Nazionale dello Spumante
Where to stay
, Emilia Romagna
, Friuli Venezia Giulia
, Puglia (Apulia)
, Trentino - Alto Adige
, Valle d'Aosta